2019/2020 school year, IN-SCHOOL VIOLIN TEACHER for individual and small group classes
Ability to also teach piano or guitar a plus!
Music Kids is an instrumental education program offering private and group lessons on-site at our partner schools. We are looking for enthusiastic educators interested in teaching very young students, ages 3 and up, violin, (and piano or guitar). Ability to teach more than one instrument is a wonderful asset, but not required.
Music Kids exists to enrich and improve student development by bringing musical instrument education programs into the local school environment.
– The study of a musical instrument should be a core part of a child’s learning experience, right from the start.
– Integrating instrumental studies into the academic curriculum from a very young age is key to achieving well-rounded academic success, enhanced brain development, self-confidence, and personal fulfillment.
– Instrumental studies are far more than an extracurricular activity, to be crammed in alongside karate and soccer and everything else. We take an integrated approach, making lessons a natural part of the student’s academic, social, and family life.
To date, Music Kids works with over 30 schools throughout DC, MD, VA, PA, CT and IL. The organization is looking for qualified individuals to work as Music Kids Faculty Members on-site at its local partner schools.
For more information please visit the organization’s website: www.MusicKidsProgram.com
Faculty Member in one or more of our partner schools for 2019-2020 School Year. Estimated start date of August 15th for pre-year planning and enrollment efforts.
**We are currently hiring for the following geographic areas:
-Salt Lake City
Positions involve a combination of teaching and program development within the resident school(s) in which the Faculty Member is placed. Responsibilities include:
· In-school: teaching and student performances
· Out-of-School: parent communication, lesson planning, scheduling, and progress reporting
· Promoting the program and driving enrollment at school events throughout the year
· Participating in professional development opportunities through collaboration with senior resident Faculty Members and staff
The Ideal Candidate:
· Has at least 1-2 years of teaching experience, either through a university program or professionally
· Is passionate about having a direct impact on the primary education system in this country
· Has a strong interest in working with a wide range of student age groups, especially beginning level students (including 3-5 y/o)
· Has an open mind and creative approach to teaching
· Is comfortable teaching students individually or in small groups
· Has the ability to be flexible in teaching style to take parents and students where they are in terms of interest and commitment
· Takes initiative and is confident working independently to represent the organization at our partner schools
· Is able to work closely with an office staff in administrative and professional development functions
· Is consistent, timely, proactive, and possesses friendly communication skills.
· Is comfortable working regularly with email, shared Google Drive, and other online resources to manage activities
· Ability to commit to at least one full academic year at a time with possible summer time available
· Must have scheduling availability on several days during the week for teaching daytime (9am-3pm) and/or afterschool hours (3pm-6pm). All of our partner schools either have daytime or after-school classes, so you will often have a combinationof both based on work volume. Part and full time positions may be available.
· Applicants must reside in and be legally qualified to work in the United States
**Please email your resume and a simple statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interested in Employment with Music Kids” in the subject line**